Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Avocado Breakfast Smoothie

I'm not sure if it's only me but there are many mornings that I wake up and don't feel like eating. I get this feeling like it takes too much time, too much energy, and way too much thought that early in the morning.

This in reality is silly because if I don’t eat I end up sluggish, starved, and spending more time dying than anything else. So I've learned to make these my smoothie mornings.
Smoothies come in all shapes and sizes but a lot of the smoothies made are all what I call the typical "fad" smoothie. Like the latest diets they are all hype and no go. These smoothies may look good even taste good but won't do you much good. Below is an Avocado breakfast smoothie recipe loaded with good fats and fiber that will help you make it to lunch without being attacked by the hunger pains. And it's YUMMY too :-)
I know some of you are going really… Avocado? Well you won't be able to taste the avocado since the banana will mask any flavor and the avocado is what will give your smoothie its creaminess.
Ingredients
  •  1 avocado (ripe)
  • 1/2 banana (ripe) (frozen bananas work great this will eliminate the need for ice)
  • 1 cup vanilla soy milk
  • 3 ice cubes (optional)
Directions
Place all items in mixer/blender and mix/blend until creamy!
** You can replace the vanilla soy with regular or any milk you prefer, keep in mind this will change it's nutritional content.

**gluten free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian

Below are the nutrion facts as stated by nutriondata.com

No comments:

Post a Comment