Thursday, August 9, 2012

What a Way to Ruin Me God

Ever had God ruin your day? Well he did mine but surprisingly enough in a good way.

I know that I'm a "sugar" junkie and who can blame me I can't eat anything else so why not overindulge in the one thing that I can right? So listen as I step on my pedestal.

“I know that eventually that will not be good for me, but right now it’s not hurting me!” “I will simply die if I don’t have sugar!” “God took all the other things away so why can’t I just have this one little thing? Is he trying to make me miserable?” “You won’t like me without sugar!” “I need sugar so I don’t kill people!” “I simply cannot live without sugar and there is no way that I can give it up!”

Cue mysterious inner voice ***”So what you are saying is that YOU are too addicted, too stubborn and not even willing to let God help you?! Well if so, chew on this for a while … “With man this is impossible but with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26).”***

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah... blah... blah!! How many times have I heard that verse before *__*

I know that I had been overdoing it with my sugar intake and what did he want me to do. Go to him and be like.. "Um… So yeah God since I'm weak … AND seem to not have a spine without you… Can you help me with my sugar thing?" For those of you, who know me; know that the words weak and without spine are NOT in my dictionary.

Even with the inner voice telling me what I should do I wasn't ready to hear it just yet, so God used the voice he and I both know could make a difference. Yep! You guessed it; he pulled the best friend card (He’s forever doing that!). He knows she has a way of getting me to hear things that NO one can .. LOL. Anyhow, I HAD it all planned that I was going to visit her this summer we were gonna binge on sugar until we couldn’t see straight and life was going to be great. Imagine my complete disappointment when she called me right before and just happens to mention that her and hubby are doing a sugar challenge. I was like you are doing a what? This had to be Satan at his finest! Dang Devil always trying to mess up stuff because I just KNEW God wouldn’t RUIN my life like that. I was ready to fight!

Cue music and song from church by Jeff Johnson ***Ruin Me” and insert my best friend passionately and happily telling me how great she feels and that her and hubby were only having a “sweet” treat once a week. And that they had been praying for God to help them. And that God was carrying them through their own struggles/addictions. And how greatful she was that God ruined this selfish addiction. She told me much more but by this time the music in my head was ALL the way up *** Needless to say she made me realize that I had yet another strong hold in my life. Funny because I swear my pastor just mentioned something about strong holds. Ever notice how when you are doing something wrong or God is trying to really get your attention he gives you all of a sudden  signs, messages, and voices from everywhere?!

So what's the score in my game of life? God a gazillion – Me another loss

Needless to say I’ve been on a sugar challenge lately where I pretty much cut out any refined sugars and extra sugars not counting natural sugars in foods except for one day out of the week. I’ve asked God to help me with this and provide me with alternatives so that I don’t overdo it.

And go figure it’s not nearly as hard as I thought it would be I’ve found great things that satisfy my sweet tooth and truthfully I don’t miss it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. And I also have to say that I’ll gladly let God ruin me and my vacation any day! Oh BTW my vacation was AWESOME!!! ;-)

Need a no sugar added treat try my yummy creamy apple sauce under recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment